Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mixed Emotions

Yesterday was an odd day. It was the first time a cache event was hosted by someone else where we usually held them. It was weird not to be in charge but it was nice to not be responsible and we could leave when it we were done instead of waitng unti everyone was done. Truth to be told talking all afternoon at the events is a hoot. I am glad we are not responsible for them and yet I miss doing them sometimes. It is flattering that the series of events we started has gone on for two years and one year without us. I am not going to miss the politics. I am getting wiser about politics and therefore better but I still can't stomach it. I miss some of the thanks. Regardless of how things went down, it was best for the event series that we walked away but I still detest the way things happen. When two or three people are gathered, there will be politics. The funny thing is, not only the series we started is still going, but there is another series of them that could be argued a child of the ones we started. At least it helped inspire them. We can't take too much credit for them since we are not doing them but the people doing them did like our series.

No comments: