Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Monday, August 6, 2007

Benchmarks







One thing I like hunting for with my gps are benchmarks. One of the ones pictured is a cement monument that marks where Indiana, Michigan and Ohio meet. That's kinda neat. For one thing, it is not the standard disc benchmark and where three states meet are not everywhere. Another benchmark I have run across is the top of a high building. It can be a church spire of the dome of a county courthouse. The dome pictured is that of the Steuben County Courthouse in Angola, Indiana and it is one of this type of benchmarks.
The third picture is of a spike and tag benchmark by the IDNR. It is close to the Dekalb County Courthouse in Auburn, Indiana. Each one was easy to find but offered something unique for the gps hunt. That's why I do the hunt. To see things I would not see otherwise. Kinda simple but not every cacher would agree with me. Thanks goodness the game is big enough for all to play.

No comments: