Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Death of Shame

My comments on the 15 year old trying to abuse the 7 year old got me to thinking and wanting to explain a few things. I believe in right and wrong. It is not always the same as being on the right or wrong side of the law. Getting drunk is not illegal. Being drunk behind the wheel or being a drunken nuisance is. Sleeping around is not illegal unless you do it for money. There are plenty of things that are legal to do thatare morally wrong and you should be ashamed of. Unfortunately, shame is largely deceased anymore. I am by no means a goodie two shoes. I have had my share of failings and I still like racy jokes once in a while. At the same time, I do not want to hear swearing all the time andbe around drunken rowdiness. I understand that some people want a certain lifestyle but it does nt mean I want to hear about their sex life. I guess what I am getting at is that if yo live an honrable life, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Morals and principals are inconvinient when it would be so easy to bend them just this one time. They do keep you out of trouble. That can be boring.

No comments: