Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Monday, July 30, 2007

Signs of Summer Getting Old

I like watching the change of season and the changing times. I am already notciing that summer is moving on. The nights are getting darker a tiny bit earlier. WAWK, one of my most favorite radio stations is going off the air a .little earlier. It is a daytime AM station. It is also the second last day of July.

The Wiccan holiday of Lammas is on August 1. I don't believe in the Wiccan religion but their right holidays based on equinoxes, soltices, and the seasonal half points make some sense. I have noticed they make some sense, not perfect sense with the trends in weather. The August holiday does not bring cooler weather but the hot weather starts getting less intense most years. The autumnal equinox brings an end to the summer weather. After Halloween, we can expect frost soon if it has not shown up yet. Since wicca is a nature worship religion it has noticed the patterns of nature. It still does not make me believe the spirituality behind it.

Just as a side comment.There are a lot of groups and peoople that I disagree with bitterly but still agree with certain points that they make. Too bad it is so hard to debate that in an agreeable manner. I own some of the fault of that. I think we all do to a degree.

To get back to the main point, I am starting to see the beginning of the end of summer. I am looking forward to fall and the cooler weather. October is my favorite season in Indiana.

No comments: