Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Harry Potter- WArning Spoilers

I did not get on the Harry Potter craze from the beginning but I think I start about book 2 or 3. I really e
njoyed the series. I have some mixed emotions now that it is over. It is bitter sweet. Bitter because there will be no more Of Harry and his adventures but sweet that the trip is over and all is well. I wish Hedwig's death had the owl not so passive in dieing. Sucky way to die. Dobby's death did not bug me in the least. He was the Jar Jar Binks of the series. I also wish it could have gotten into the action alot faster. I realize things needed needed to be set up but really.

The one scene that irritated me was when Harry found Griffander's sword. I really saw the Arthur legend with this one. I was truly expecting the lady of the lake to raise out of the lake to come out and give Harry the sword.

I was also expecting the last installment to be more LOTR like and a lot more war. I realize this is a kids series but I guess I could not refrain projecting my ides on how it would wind up. I thought I would scream when it looked like she was actuay going to off Harry. She did do a good job of weaving things from the earlier books into this final book. Yes, the whole series is sequenctial but the last one had the most elements of the earlier books in it.

I think I will reread the whole series just so I can hear it all in a realtively short time all together. Besides. I think I listened to it thefirst time to fast and missed some things. Not a surprise when I listened to 17 cdsof books in 5 and 1/2 days. A little much for my ears.ll

No comments: