Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Not a Quiet Night.

This is a morning where the coffee is more than wanted. About 9 or 10 last night, the rain moved in and the weather radio started to alarm. It kept up until about midnight. It caused flash flooding and was tripping fire alarms. Imagine that, after being dry all summer to have the insult of flash flooding. We really need the rain but not that way. We need a good slow rain. I should not be surprised though. Nothing about the weather has been gentle or moderate lately. It has been either way wet or way dry. The temperature has only been average on the way to the other extreme. I should not complain about the heat this summer. The a/c has been on but only a day heere and there and the fans have taken care of most of it. The lower humidity due to the lack of rain has helped but we need the rain- a slow rain. WOWOW, a major radio station was taken off the air for an hour or two last night. Scary. Not a total lost- it took the loon of a talk show host off so it was not a total lost. Besides I had enough to listen to with the scanner and weather radio going.

It was also not a quiet night in New York. A major steam pipe broke with damage to life and property. They are claiming no terrorist involvement. I am sure the Mayor of New York said that to help claim the people ( I would in his place) but in this post 9/11 world, there is this nag saying, what if there is more to it. The stupid thing is that the terrorist have been successful by making me think this. On the other hand, to say that the USA will never be attacked again is stupid. To the terrorist I say, I will still laugh and cry and live life. You have changed nothing. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. That vigilance is needed if you are there or not.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Daggone right. I'm still going to live my life the best way I can, and not give into paranoid "what-ifs".