Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I am going to be biased.

One thing that drives me nuts is the news saying they will be fair and unbiased and will give us both sides of the story. First of all, that assumes only two sides of the story or issue. Life isn't that easy usually. Second of all, we are all biased and being biases isn't always a bad thing. If I cheer fot one team to win it means I want the other to lose. All news chooses what stories get in and in what order. That shows a bias. The point I am trying to make here is let's be honest about our differing points of view. I may not agree with you but I will be more willing to listen to you if I know where you are coming from. Never know, if we talk long enough, we might actually see that the other point of view has some good pointss. The big challenge is how to express and stick to your beliefs without being a jerk when someone else disagrees.

No comments: