Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Friday, December 7, 2007

Short and Sweet Cache

We weren't really planning on going caching but one of our favorite cacher's put out a new cache. It was called Short and Sweet by Bluegillfisherman. It really rocked. Hit a few snags but we finally solved it and got to be First To Find in the process. Got a piranha geocoin in the process. It was only a single find but man was it a good day of caching. I would rather have one extra ordinary finds than many mediocre ones. Just my never to be humble opinion- your opinion may vary. It did not help us resist the find when BGF put the fake coordinates so close to our place. We almost did not get first to find. A second person found it and logged it before we could get home. They could not have been that far behind us. They probably also got help from our tracks in the snow.


We found the cache and got a lot of other things done for the day. What more can you ask for. Well, I could ask for the snow to melt so I can benchmark hunt on the way to doing errands tomorrow but that's for another day. It is cold and snowy and there are other things on our list of things to do. There is always goings. to be other things to hunt for in gps games. Alway

2 comments:

Ambrosia said...

Hey! We went and visited Groundspeak HQ on December 7, and I was sitting on the bench in the foyer, resting while watching the way-cool giant screen. Every 30 seconds it shows the most recent log that was written on google earth. I was just sitting there, la-dee-da, and I saw your log pop up! I immediately said to love<3, "I have to tell Captain Spaulding that I saw him while at Groundspeak Headquarters!". Lol.

Captain Spaulding said...

Thanks for the comment. It adds to find we did. It was a cool find on its own and this gives it a neat twist.