Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Fun They Had

I was reminded of the short story "The fun they had" by Isaac Asimov. I checked out memoware.com which has lots to read for your PDA. It amazes me that books on computer were science fiction when i was growing up and now I can put several books on my handheld PDA without threatening to fill it up. Just the SD card holds more than early computers. Amazing. It almost seams magical. Between a PDA and and a MP3 player, you can carry quit a bit of entertainment along with you in a small package. Going digital has some definately advantages.

I have also been checking out some mp3 shows. It is an interesting exercise. Quit a few of them have the feel of audio blogs with the quality control of blogs. Some stuff is quite good: others not so much. Yes, I am aware that goes against this blog as well. I hope this is interesting. I am sure there are some that see this as just another net monkey tapping away on a keyboard in cyberspace and someone should have ct the feed a long time ago. The internet has set forth a whole new ways of communication and it is not all good. The trick as with all media is getting a good signal to noise ratio. All medias are prone to carpiness. Some more than others.

No comments: