Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Men-The New Black

Whether it is internet humor or tv shows or commercials, men seam to be the latest group to be stereotypically lampooned. Guys can't cook, clean or do any domestic chores and and never are as smart as their spouses. If I were to spout the equivalent sediment about women or any ethic group, I would be instantly slammed as a misogynist and a racist. Most people just say they are being funny but the sad truth is the fact it is just as racist or sexist to do the jokes about guys. The only difference it seams is that it is the thing to do to rag on men. The battle of the seist is still alive and well: it just has changed the way it rears it's head.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

Cap:
I go against the type here...
I cook
I clean
I do laundry
But...
I can shoot the 10 ring
I Taught Sunday School
I Worked in sheet metal

Stereotypes are gonna be around for a while...
Many (like us) will just ignore them, while others will embrace and follow such things.
Guess there still are SHEEP in our society.

I'll just leave it up to DISCERNMENT for me.

B.G.