Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Walk

I walked over to the polls today. There was a line out the door when I got there and there was 9 or ten people behind when I left. One of the poll workers said that that was the shortest the line was since 5:30 that morning. I saw one home made sign on the way sign that said " Do you want a Muslim for President or a maverick? (This sign protected by the second amendment.)" Yes, the second amendment (right to bear arms) and not the first amendment (freedom of speech). This is going to be an ugly election. It already has been ugly and I fear it may get worse. If Senator Obama losses, I wonder if there will be race riots because the Man cheated him. The race card is not a good reason to vote for or against him. As Martin Luther King, Jr. stated, we should judge people on the content of someone's character and not the color of their skin. I am sure there will be plenty of people who vote for and against him for the wrong reasons. Let me just say for now, he did not get my vote, but that still leaves a few other options which I won't say now. It will be interesting to see how the election unfolds.

No comments: