Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Monday, November 24, 2008

Gutter Duty II

I am done with gutters for this year. All I have to say is that wunderground.com lies like a cheap rug or has out of date information. there is ice forming in those gutters and they still say it is 36 out. Let us just say that my eyes and my hands were saying otherwise when I was dealing with ice and leaves strips as I was cleaning out the gutter. I really can't complain too much since it is ultimately me who was responsible for not getting it done sooner but for this one post, I am going to do my little rant and move on. My left hand hurt from the cold water and ice and still is not totally warmed. I think the cold soaked clear to the bone and is going to ache until it comes back out. this is my rant about a job done too late in the year. Laugh or feel sorry as you will.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

Cap:
Been there, done that TOO many seasons.
I got one of those "gutter flushers", and it did an OK job, but I still had to get on the ladder most places.

Then I went out, blew a few bucks and got GUTTER SCREENS...
Saved a ton of hassle (especially for these arthritic hands I own)

And they can be had for about a dollar for a 3 foot length at Menards (when they're on sale).

DO it once, do it right, than "fageddiboudit" (as we used to say in Philly).

Nice blog you have here.

B.G.