Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Monday, September 15, 2008

A September Evening Walk

I finished up some paperwork and some bills and wanted to take care of the mail tonight so I would not forget to get it out in tomorrow's mail. It was an evening of long fall shadow's. The sun was still warm but the shadow's and wind were chilled. The sky sky was mostly clear with white clouds with grey bottoms. Kai the dog was feisty as heck because it was getting cool enough for him to be full of beans. I smelt a recently lit BBQ and could smell the lighter fluid still being burned off. The sky was pale blue and turning yellow as the sun headed for the horizon. The noise in this little town was pretty quiet I also heard a lawn mower off in the distance. It was a peaceful walk with my dog and my hiking stick of many years and many memories. .Man, am I ever glad that fall is here.

No comments: