Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

GPS Games Whine

My wife and I have been in gecaching for 5&1/2 years. That is pretty good for us for doing a hobby. Some hobbies we do longer and some we hardly stick around for at all. I think that is the nature of past times. Caching has changed for me. I got in for the caches with nice walks and a lot of them seam to be urban micros now- not my favorite kind of caches. We have been doing waymarks and benchmark hunting but we are past the honeymoon phase with those. too. I think a lot of it is the fact we have been in for a while. Some of it is the fact the hobby has changed. Does not help that the price of gas is hideous and Kim's leg got hurt which really has put a bamper on things. I don't want to sound like I am blaming Kim. Her injury is only one factor and not like she did it on puropose but it still affects things. The real grump is that geocaching is not the fun it once was. I guess it is time to reprioirtize and do the things that give more fun for what I am willing to put into it. Nothing else I can do. Please indulge or ignore this grump as you will. I guess I just wanted to write it up, own it and get rid of it. Much better now.

No comments: