Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Life is too short for...

Geobash is kicking off tomorrow. I am and am not looking forward to it. I am looking forward to meeting up with the cachers I have not seen for a while that will be there but the events at the bash I could care less. If I did not know anyone showing up, I would not even bother going. Life is too short for bad caching. I was listening to the Fear the Boot Podcast and they did the line that life is too short for bad gaming. Their basic point was that role playing games are meant to be a fun escape from life and if is not, then it is time to move on. That pretty much goes for any hobby. Not to be judgmental, we have had highs and lows in our hobbies and sometimes you need to cut something out if the payoff is not there. It might be absolutely perfect for someone else but why waste your time and money if it is not paying off. Caching might have run its course with me. maybe I just need a break. I don't think I will ever get totally out. I still enjoy it and there are people who are in that I like to hang with. Does not help that gas went over $4 a gallon and I have been hitting too many micros lately. That was my fault for picking them the way I did.

Maybe the cooler fall weather will get me going. Time will see.

No comments: