Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Geocaching don'ts

Let me start this ost by saying this is one's person's opinion who is probably guilty of the things I will complain about.

While I was at geobash, I noticed some behaviors that were a bit off putting but understandable. It was a case of people putting themselves in th eone up position because of being in the longest or that path tags are better than geocoins or who is better at this, that or the other. It is very human to want to be good and be recognized for that. I am not free from it either. Sometimes that can across wrong. Some of it may be me and some of it could be the other person. Some of it is the nature of comparison where usualy one person wins and the others loses.

The other thing that got me a little when some guy we did not know demanded a pathtag from us. I understadn they are popular and that they get traded and gave away all the time. I enjoy trading coins and getting free swag but that goes around on the basis of the good will of those involved. It is not anyone's right to be traded with or get free swag. It happens as it happens and I am grateful when it works out.

Please don't take this as a big rant. In the long run it is not a big. I just wanted to rant a post worth of rant and let it go. NOw that this post is over, time to let it go.

No comments: