Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Monday, August 11, 2008

Geobash 2008

There is a lot I want to covere with this year's geobash and hopefully I won't be too random.

First of all, I had a great time and the weather was almost perfect. I got to meet up with a lot of cacahers I have not seen for a while. Kim with her still healing leg did a lot better than I thought she would but still is paying a price for it today. I also got a bunch of pathtags and geocoins. One cacher recognized me from quit a distance from the ptih helmit I use from my avatar. It was kinda silly when I first got it but it is making for a great avatar.

I got to hear the reviewers panals. It was nice to hear that most of them had caches with hikes as their favorite. I also enjoyed hearing that Jeremy Iryshe started the geocaching website as a way to highlight interesting places. When I heard this i thought , yup that is why I got in for.

It was also cool that i got to meet MissJenn from groundspeak. I got the latest color version of the lackey coin and I got to impress her with some good ole Indiana corn. (There is more than corn in Indiana.) We had two potlucks at geobash and only with cachers can you have a darn good potluck while camping.

That is all I can remember for now. Maybe i will post more later.

No comments: