Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Monday, November 26, 2007

Family is an F Word

Thanksgiving has come and gone and once again I got reminded that family is most certainly an f word. The people that are the closed to you and love you the most are also the ones that have the ability to annoy and hurt you the most. They have had to most time to map out everyone of your button sand know exactly the how and when to get the most out of every button pushed. It is not even always deliberate. What they think is a stone riot, you are left thinking "when are you going to grow up?". I often think we spend more time trying to give a good impression to complete strangers than we do to those we love or should love the most. Familiarity definately breeds contempt.

I wish I had the solution to this. For some people, I have lost my patience for.. That leads to hurting even more people because of family ties. If it wasn't for family ties, I would have written them off a long time ago. It really sucks that the best I can do is insulate myself from their bad behavior and walk away from people I want to visit with and things I want to do just because some can't be arsed to grow up. Some of it is not even that what they are doing but the level. I don't a mind a comment during a TV show but the constant chatter and commentary is very annoying. I am tired of asking to shut up. Where do you draw the line for amount of chatter during a show when you are doing some of it? All I know is I am tired of being patient.

No comments: