Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas is coming!

I can tell that Christmas is getting close. Not only is Thanksgiving over with all the unbridled commercialization but the local radio stations are starting their playing of Christmas music. As least my favorite station isn't doing it constantly yet and has a mix of funny stuff thrown in so you are not totally turned off when the week of Christmas really gets here. I think my favorites are the Twelve days of Christmas by either the muppets or The MacKenzie brothers. Brian Seltzer also does a good mix of non traditional music.

I am not sorry to say I despise a traditional Christmas. Unless you can guarantee a an easy drive, I want a green Christmas. Play the holiday music 24/7 at your house. I don't mind sum but nothing but is going to tick me off. Don't even start with planning the perfect holiday meal with family all getting along. I have not seen it yet. It might require a 911 call but show me one family gathering where someone isn't getting annoyed or one part of the meal doesn't turn out quit right. Shoot for close enough. Call me jaded. I don't mind. Just pass the eggnog.

No comments: