Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Geocoins











Geocoins are a neat part of caching. Some are about benchmarks or personal coins or group coins or even state parks. The variety and creativity of these are endless. As with anything else collectable, there are more and less coveted coins. I just like the geo bling. Just one more dimension to the geocaching game. Sometimes I feel like Smaug the dragon with his geocoin treasure but really, at the end of the day, it is just all about fun. I enjoy the social factor of sharing a common interest of geocoins with the cachers I meet. Some are hardcore, some like to log, some just to look and some are just not into the coins. There is room enough for all.

I can tell that geocoins are moving on. a similar product called pathtags are becoming the new hotness. They are cool too. I have not gotten into those as much yet but given enough time I might. I can't see that soon. I have a nice pile of bling. Time will tell.

No comments: