Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Blogs

There's a category on waymarking for blogs. Neat way to see other blogs. Since we are waymarkers, most of the caches have waymarking or caching as either its focus or at least some of the posts deal with them. I enjoy reading others impressions and adventures doing the same hobby.

What got me annoyed was that one blog was anitwar and its coordinates placed it in Iraq. I realize there is disagreement about the war and I dont want someone censoring my blog but this one was too focused on a single message. They can express their viewpoint but I just did not care for the way they did it. Any geocaching soldier who is serving in Iraq can see this easy by chec king out waymarking because it is the only waymaark in town. It's message is not good for troop moral.

I am not against free speech but there is better and worse ways toengage in deba te. The cool thing is things like blogs give us a cyber forum to express our views. The down size is that everyone can and how do you wade through the noise to get to the good stuff. That is true for every media. Take time to think and do not believe everything you hear ot read. That includes this blog. I will not purposely put up false info but lets face it, being human, I am fallable and can be subject to buying bad info like everyone else. Use your brain and do the effort of fact checking.

Time to get off my soapbox.

No comments: