Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Saturday, February 28, 2009

An Education in Waymarking










































I have been doing some waymarking lately since the weather is getting just enough warmer where I am really wanting to get out of the house an do a bit more than just running errands. I have also been enjoying learning more about the area. For one thing, I learned that there use to be a bunch of nuns at the Sacred Heart Hospital when it still was a hospital. I also got the history on a nearby grotto and learned a bit about the Catholic prayers to Mother Mary. Not being Catholic, it really seamed strange to me.

I also learned while doing another waymark that the local fire department has a website on freewebs. Who knew? Not me until just recently.

Here is a list of my more favorite waymarks that I have done lately. checnk them out.
Garrett Fire Station
Sacret Heart of Jesus Statue
Statue of St Mary, mother of Jesus

No comments: