Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Waymarking Categories

I have been keeping up on waymarking. It has been interesting see how I have been using shopping trips to pick things up along the way. With the way the economy is and the how the price of gas was, I am not really all that willing to do special trips just to go do gps games.

With doing waymarks while shopping, I have been looking at the categories aimed more at shops and restaurants. As is usual, there are categories that I am more impressed with than others. I can see why people would want to do Radio Shack store but I am really happy with the fact they started a ye olde butcher shop category. It is not always easy to find the best butcher shop around and this category could just help out a lot.

I have been also enjoying the dated building category. This one lends itself to cross referencing with other categories which can be a plus and a negative but it gets interesting when you there gets to be enough of these waymarks in the area and you can start comparing the ages of the buildings in the area.

The way I am playing with my gps now is so different from the way I did geocaching when I first got in. I got a feeling that I will always be changing the way I play or I am getting out. Please don't take this as me being a malcontent but I am at the point where I have been around the block enough where I start wanting to work at keeping the game fresh.

No comments: