Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday Post

Ash Wednesday for those who celebrate it is a somber day and a beginning of a fast. I am feeling somber but not to go with the day. Winter is not quit over and life just gets to me sometimes. At least the days are getting longer and the days are slowly warming up. It is discouraging to see a nice warm up only to have to get cold again but that happens every year like clockwork. One thing I do like about Lent is watching how much more light it is after each Wednesday service. It is dark or almost dark for the first few weeks when you go in. As you go along, it gets light when you go in and then it is light when you get out. I always do enjoy that process of watching the changes.

With it getting warmer and the snow going away, I am hoping to do more GPS games especially benchmark hunting. I was able to find 2 benchmarks over the winter but I pretty much laid off from that and with it getting more favorable to go looking again. I guess I could have looked for them over winter if I wanted the challenge of finding them under the snow but that did not sound like fun to me.

No comments: