Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

I am not the most romantic person. I have never gotten into the Valentine's day thing. If it fell off the calender, I would not miss it. Call me a male chauvinist pig but I would rather do nice to my wife daily then ignore her and begrudgingly do something on every February 14. If I did, I would not be married long. If there is something to celebrate, then when it happens, we can celebrate, have a nice meal and maybe a glass of wine. It will be stale if we wait for some artificial date.

What romance is to this male chauvinist pig is all the little things we do. It is going off to work when we don't want to. It is the making of dinner when we just want to bother. It is the 2AM wakeup and there is someone sharing the bed with you. It is all the small and not so small stuff that makes life nice.

No comments: