Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Which grid are you on?

I like doing things with gps whether it is geocaching or benchmarking hunting or just navigating my way to somewhere new. Thanks to a puzzle cache and looking at the write ups for IDNR benchmarks, I am getting interested in coordinate systems other than just latitude and longitude.
(WGS84 Datum). There are so many systems and datums. It is really a moment of realizing how little I know about the technicals of the system. More to learn. I will probably come back to this topic as I learn more.

1 comment:

Captain Spaulding said...

Figures the data I thought were coordinates for the IDNR benchmarks was vertical dat only. I thought it might be a variant of UTM or MGRS system. Guess I will still be finding those letterbox style off the description.