Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Curb side trash pick up

Since we moved into Garrett, the trash at our place was picked up from the ally. Today, things are different, the city's new contract with the garbage pick up has moved the pick up to the street. This has been a common practice in Garrett since we moved here but not universal in Garrett. It is a common practice in a lot of areas. I just don't like it. I enjoyed not seeing the cans out at the street. It was nice having them out of sight and out of mind in the alleys. I can also see an issue when the streets are not plowed fully. That is kind of a mute point since if the roads are not plowed neither are the alleys but sometimes they do not plow the road fully and I can see that being a point of contention. I already plow out in front of my mail box which is at the curb after the plow truck has done only half to 3/4 of the road and the rest can go hang for a day or two or three.

Grump! They changed things and I don't like it. I am sure that after being indignant for a while, I will get used to it and just do it like it has always been that way. Maybe not, I still don't like having to change the clocks twice a year after having almost a decade break from daylight savings. Shoot me, I am of stubborn German Lutheran stock and don't like change. Until I get something else to complain about. Bye!

No comments: