Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Friday, December 31, 2010

Progress on computers II

I have found a work around to get my linux laptop to burn audio cds. It is an ugly kluge job but it works. A big part of the problem is that the cd burner I am using gets too warm and it was doing that when it was still being used under windows. When you use roadkill computer parts and stuff that is ancient in computer years, you do what you can. You might be asking me why is it worth it to me when getting a new computer would make things easier. The answer is a combination of things: part of it is doing things on the cheap, part of it is the satisfaction of working on a home rolled computer and part of it is that things like burning cds is not a high use thing and as long as I can burn cds, then that is good enough. This is also an experiment in what I can personally do with computers. I am expecting to be able to do better and better ways of doing things as I get experience.

No comments: