Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Progress on computers

I am still using and playing with ubuntu. I am really enjoying rehabilitating old computers and making them work. The only problem is that they are old computers and old computer parts that do not always as they should. There is a good reason why some of the computers I got were cast offs. It is a learning curve about what will and will not work. I can listen to audio cds and watch some dvds but I can't copy audio cds not because the software does not work but because of the old parts I am using. Or at least that is what I suspect. Linux has its sort falls like any other OS.

Until I get things perfect, I can count getting to learn, getting cheap computers with more and more capabilities and maybe helping others out who need cheap computers when i get a few extra around the house.

No comments: