Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Change

I guess there is always change. The month just flipped over to December and the weather feels more like winter than the mild, mild fall we have had around my parts. Thanksgiving has come and gone and between the change in the calender and the weather change I have just been thinking about change a lot lately. The finances around home ain't worth calling home about but it does feel better than a year ago. I just hope the horses butts in Washington hear this and think I am a sucker to try to get more money from. The economy has hit me enough thank you. One good thing is that has come from the down economy is that I have taken a really hard look at how we spend and how we can get more from the resources we have. Our truck broke down and instead of just throwing money at it, we took a look at how much we really needed it and sold it off and are paying less in insurance now. It will be inconvenient at times to be down to one car but the money brought in by selling it and the less insurance will help with other things.

I am changing the way I am looking at my hobbies and the getting and having of stuff. i have really changed the way I look at debt and I am really, really looking forward to getting out of debt. The bankers are looking more and more like incompetent boobs and I do not want to support them any further than i have to. I think that a lot of what is happening with the mortgage crisis is absolutely criminal. To make it worse, these criminals are getting bailed out instead of jail time.

I really think that what it takes to get things better is to take power from big government and big business and have the people free to do their business. I think government is a necessary evil and I fully want businesses to thrive. It is when they abuse the people they are suppose to serve that I get cranked. The government is being paid by the people's taxes and therefore our employees. If business wants my money, then give me a product worth the money they want me to spend. Simply, Right?

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

CS:
I couldn't agree with you more.

One thing my Dad taught me was to never live BEYOND your means.
If that means you can't have a CHAMPAGNE TASTE with a BER WALLET...so be it.

The missus and I have have been fortuante...and we've run with it...all the way to the bank.

Our savings are growing, debt is almost non-existent (holidays not withstanding), and we take it day-by-day.

Slow and steady will ALWAYS win the race.

SOmetimes, it takes sacrifices, but in the end, what you wind up with makes you appreciate it all the more.