Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Waymarking and benchmark hunting

The Indiana DNR with the Department of water has set up a bunch of benchmarks throughout Indiana. The database for that is here. I found tow of these benchmarks yesterday and made waymarks out of them. (here and here). They are neat and the database does not have coordinates for them. Since I find them neat, I think I will continue to hunt for them. I have enjoyed benchmark hunting for a while and i don't want to stick to just one database of them. The National geodetic Survey has a good database but they also do not have a list of every benchmark out there. So I will be looking for more benchmarks andmore databases of them so I never have to run out of things to look for. Coolness- life is good.

No comments: