Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Diet Update

My diet and exercise program is still going on. Running up against some problems over the last while. One of which is the heat of summer. I have been trying to get up at 6 in the morning to take advantage of the cool or the morning or doing my exercise after dinner after the worst of the heat is over. the other problem is that I am starting to plateau on just walking. I have been adding bike riding to the mix while still dealing with the summer heat.

It is getting into the realm of being a mental game. I really wish this journey to getting healthier was all happiness and light and all I had to do was go out walking with my dog frolicking at my side. Some days I really hate having to go out for a walk or a bike ride because I need to instead of just enjoying it. I watch birds along the walks, use podcasts to keep myself entertained and my dog is really good at motivating me to move when i don't want too. The mental game is a hard one to keep up but giving up won't help either.

Later today, I will yet again for a walk, just because I need to.

No comments: