Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Solstice

It is winter solstice and it feels like the third or fourth week of January already. The average high temperature for today is 34 and today I think the high was about one degree Fahrenheit. I am already looking forward to spring and doing a count down to Ground hogs day when the temperatures start marching warmer. It is going to be a long harsh winter this year. It does not help that I did not get outside as I wanted this fall (I never do) but dang it the weather is not only cold but it is a soul sucking cold. At the least we are at the solstice and the days are not going to get any shorter. I think the almanac said that tomorrow will be 2 seconds longer. It isn't much but at least the days are not getting any shorter.


Grump!

No comments: