Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Curse of Siberian White

Let me start this off with three facts:
1) I needed to mail off some bills.
2) Kai loves to go for walks and hates if I don't take him with me when I do the mail.
3) Kai is part Siberian Husky and is constantly praying to the snow gods for snow and rejoicing when they deliver.

I got all bundled up to do the mail. I am glad I did because even with the warmer temps, it is still none too warm out there. My head sock helped keep me feeling very toasty. The only thing that was remotely cold was my legs and even then, long johns would have made me warm and sweaty rather than just nicely warm. I also took my hiking stick along and I am glad I did. We had an ice storm earlier this week and between that and the cold temperatures, there is a lot of uneven and slippery ice out there. the hiking stick gave me the stability I needed to not wind up on my butt.

Kai has he say on how far we went. I only wanted to go to the mailbox and back but Kai wanted to get as much out of the walk as he could. He loves walks and the cold, and the snow gods are about to give him more of what he really loves and that is snow. The biggest reason I gave in other than I need to get out more is the expression on Kai's face along the walk. He had a big open mouth smile with snow and ice on his whiskers. One happy dog. The snow gods were smiling on him and he was rejoicing.

I really should not mind. Both Kai and I did not get out enough this fall and we both need to get out regardless of weather.At least it was on the cold side of seasonal instead of suck your soul out through your nostrils cold.

1 comment:

Kim said...

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....that is the PERFECT description of that kind of cold! "Suck your soul out through your nostrils"...aaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha...