Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Thursday, March 6, 2008

DST (Darn Stupid Time)

This weekend, many of us will be changing our clocks one hour further. Great! I have not fully started to enjoy the earlier rising of the sun and they are taking it away already. As much as I am ticked off by this, I am still grateful that the days are getting longer at a quickening rate.Those in favor of it say that it saves energy. I really don't see how. We have had a twenty four economy for yeas. They say it is for the safety of kids so they don't have to get on the bus in the dark. Even with the time change, it does not always help. If it truly is a safety issue, then set it for the worst of winter and leave it there. I really am annoyed by DST. I was able to live very happily without it for years in Indiana. When Indiana adopted it, it was the year before they changed the dates on the national level. Great we had to start it one year and change it the next. Besides that, they caused great confusion by letting it go county by county and it took over a year to straighten it out. Our great and wonderful governor said that adopting DST would help business. How? Can it truly be demonstrated? If any of you reading this can answer this whether it is true or just the argument behind it, please leave a comment. I would really like to know. Just because someone said so is not enough.

No comments: