Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Friday, March 7, 2008

Dalight Savings Time Debunked

I have mentioned how I disliked Daylight Savings Time before and now I am getting some data to help back my distaste for having to switch my clocks twice a year. The Wall Street journal has done an article (click here) to say that it is actually costing more energy instead saving it like the supporters have stated. I see where the claims where it is good for business. Selling more expensive energy. Great!

Some of the interesting facts from the article are quoted in the following:

Residential electricity usage increased between 1% and 4%, amounting to $8.6 million a year.
Social costs from increased emissions were estimated at between $1.6 million and $5.3 million per year.
Possible social benefits -- enhanced public health and safety and economic growth -- were not studied.

We have been sold a pig in a poke. I am tired of dinking with the clocks. We need to go back and have one standard time with no further changes. Stupid politicians who can';t leave well enough alone.

No comments: