Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Halloween was always one of my favorite holidays growing. A time of make believe and shameless begging for and eating of candy. I must have been a unholy horror all jacked up on sugar. I don't remember being one but I do remember having fun and enjoying the collection of sugar rich treasure. My neighbor's homemade candy apples were the absolute best. I still misss them when this time of year comes around. Now that I am supposed;y grown up, I understand why adults continue this tradition. It is a hoot to see the kids come by. The most memorable kid that came by our place was when we were still living in Michigan. A three year old was out for the first Halloween. He was old enough to barely know the routine but forgot everyone when he saw our dog Lobo. The Father was heard to say, "Don't kiss the ... awwwdang." Too late. Neveer work with kids or animals and we were dealing with both. Have a happy and safe Halloween.

Here's a video just for fun.

2 comments:

Kae said...

Darling, you're STILL a holy terror even without being jacked up on sugar 'n stuff. LOL

Captain Spaulding said...

The only difference is that caffeine is my poison of choice now.