Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Blog Action Day



i came across this and had mixed emotions. I love nature. I want a clean world and don't want pollution to mess it up. I don't torture cute little pandas for fun. I have reservations about it for two reasons. One is that I have met too many knee jerk tree huggers get in my face about saving the planet but can not see the errors of their own actions. The second is that there are different perspectives on being enviromental caring. Do we hunt or not? Same for fishing? Should we do controled burns so we do not have run away fires ir are those necessary as well. Do we cut down a tree to have a biodegradable paper bag or do we take a plastic one. Is a reuseable cloyhe bag best? Do you use disposable diapers which don't degrade or put a further load on the water supply by washing diapers?

As far as this promotes a discussion that informs and helps people make better choices, I am in favor of this. If it is to promote a single viewpoint of being green, forget it. I am in favor of ethical hunting. I only hunt what i uuse and use all that I can from what I hunt. Don't overhunt or fish anything. It's the future's inheritance.

I guess I will get off the soap box now.

1 comment:

Kae said...

Oooh great blog! Especially the comments you've made!