Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Komets WIN!!!!!!

The Komets won the Turner cup for the Third year in a row. Wow!!! It was definitely not because the Flint Generals has given up. they were giving the Komets grief until the end of the last game. The series ended up 4-1 in the Komets favor but the way flint was playing and if some plays went just a tiny bit in the other way, Flint could have just as easy taken it. I will give both teams their due and say it was the best sports I have seen in a while. Amazing that I got in with my wife to see the game for $22 for two tickets plus $4 for parking. A cheap night by my books and it was a hell of a show for twice that. I beleive in paying people their due by I am also cheap as heck and the IHL and the Komets deliver on entertainment. I know that is just one person's opinion but take it as you will. Minor sports has some big advantages over major sports and I am willing to take advantage of that. The only real downside is that I will not have hockey to follow until next fall. (Not like I do not collect other hobbies that suffer fro neglect so I can not complain much) It will be interesting to see what the fall will bring for fort Wayne Hockey. One problem with minor league sports is that the leagues do not have deep pockets and are subject to flux. With the economy being the way it is, it has not helped the situation and the IHL may be in flux again. we shall see what the future brings. Until then, I will enjoy the glow of the win and be ready to cheer for the next season.

No comments: