Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Study in Futility

The Midwest is getting dumped on pretty good right now. It seams like a study in futility trying to keep the driveway clear. It just fills right back in with all the snow and blow. Two nice things though. First, it is the first time I have needed the snow blower. I have thrown down salt and shoveled a few times but nothing worth getting the snow blower out for. Secondly, it is nothing but powdery snow which is easier to snow blow (except for the snow that blows into my face). One out of the ordinary thing I did to get ready for the storm was make sure the linux box at home was up to go so Kim could work from home. I started playing and experimenting with Ubuntu just for the heck of it and now it turhns out it is really darn handy. Who knew?


I should hop offline so I can get myuself ready to do the rest of the driveway and make sure it keeps clear. Spring is starting to really look good from here. I have had my share of cold and snow.

No comments: