Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Frugality from the closet

One place I have been finding a bunch of frugality is in the closet. This is not rocket science but you still might over look it. I have been finding old books I forgot that I had. I have movies and games that I have not enjoyed in years. Nice If to get some more mileage from things long since paid for and really not costing me money to enjoy again. If I truly do not want it or plan to use it anymore, I can always try to sell at a yard sale. Even if I donate it, I still get it out of the house. Regardless, I get something out of it. Either I get cheap or free entertainment, or some money or a cleaner house. Sounds like a win in all situations. There are other closets in the community you can check for free or cheap stuff. The community has a nice little building they store books and movies and other stuff called a library that will lend you for free if you are in that community. It is not a perfect source for entertainment but cheap and a good one. You can also buy stuff from other people's closets at a thrift store. Not the latest and greatest stuff but some reallly nice stuff if you are willing to look.


So try to look at what you have and see what you can stretch a bit further. I might be wrong but I think we all have some stuff we have been looking over to make these hard times a bit better. It is really easy to over look how blessed we truly are.

No comments: