Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Michigan Travels






























































































































































I went up to Michigan last weekend. It was mainly to help the in laws with getting wood in this winter but I also got to enjoy going up and got some waymarking in. One place I went was to the grave of Henry Starke. He was the founder of Arcadia, Michigan. I was hoping to place him in the famous person category but unfortunately he is not well enoughI known. I was hoping that was not the case but I can post the pictures here anyway.

While in Frankfurt,Michigan, I saw a couple of neat things. One of which is the cannon at the Father Charlevoix Park. I also got to see a light house out on a long thin breakwater. I di dnot go all the way out to the liighthouse due to the fact there were no guard rails and the waves were just high enough to get the top of the breakwater wet and i did not want either Kim or to fall in so we enjoyed the view from the turn point of the break water. We also saw a Michigan historical marker thsat told of where a Jesuit missionary died. Ther was a big cross ther that we thought was neat.


We came across a few other things but due to tiredness and trying to get things back to normal, that will have to wait for another post. Hopefully I can back to do a part two of this soon but at least I got this far.

No comments: