Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend GPSr games











































I have been having some fun with they way of gps games lately. Between doing a combo hunt of geocaches, waymarks and benchmarks and doing a bit of planning, I am getting my gps games to follow my life instead of the other way around. One part of the waymarking stratagem is getting familiar with the waymarking categories so I waymark the things that come across my path. It gets kinda amazing how many things you pass up on a holiday weekend once you start knowing what to look for. Some of the categories are more interesting than others but isn't that the case with everything.Three of the things i have foound lately is the bell tower at St Mark's Lutheran church in Auburn, the welcome bear at the Noble County fairground and a benchmark in Traverse City, Michigan. All of which were done will doing other things. This new way of playing seams to be really working. I doubt if I am going to be getting a lot of FTFs on caches for the next while or be a high number cacher or waymarker but the hobby is getting to be more fun than it has been for a while. I don't really care, I am starting to raise the score on neat things that I am finding. I am rediscovering the reason I got into geocaching in the first place and that was to play with technolgy and find neat things. Kinda simple.

No comments: