Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Saturday, June 14, 2008

PDAs

I have gone paperless with my planner for a while by using a Zire 31. It is a great little work horse. It does not have all the latest bells and whistles but that is not really what I need it for. For example, it can not be upgraded for wireless net connection. As neat at that would be, if I needed a wireless connection on the go, i would be probably using the laptop instead and that would have a full keyboard and a normal sized screen.

My wife Kim found an excellent program for my PDA called Handy Shopper. (It's website is here.) It is by far the best freeware I have ever used and one of the best and handy programs I have used period. It is for grocery lists or any sort of list at all. I am using it for a bill pay scheduler and it works great.

I am pondering doing a series of posts dealing with handy pda programs and while have a bias towards the Zire 31 or Palm devices and/or a series on digital devices and programs I enjoy using. I will see how it turns out.

No comments: