Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Character Counts

As much as people say you should not judge and people are free to do as they please, these ideas are not entirely true. People are always being judged. When they get hired for a job, they are judged by the skills they have and what they can do for the company. Once hired, whether they are kept at the job and how big of a raise they get is dependent on their performance. This is not always true for life is not always fair. Despite life being unfair and evil sometimes being rewarded, I still would prefer doing the right thing. Deeds you would be ashamed of having everyone know never remain hidden forever. Yes, there are a million reasons that the deed may be desirable but in the long run is it really? A business can cheat its customers but how long will they tolerate being cheated? A person can lie but how long can they keep it up and how long will they be seen as credible?

I am not saying this as a perfect person or one who expects others to be. I do believe in absolute truth and I do believe people strive to follow that truth even though we are all broken imperfect people. I also believe no one is beyond grace and mercy unless they are truly dedicated to wallowing in the cesspool of their making. Yeah I know this is going to offend some. God's power is incredible at changing people's lives. It is up to God to change people but that does not mean that I have to be happy with people's choices but I can say in a loving way that they do not have to stay where they are. I hope this makes some sort of sense.

No comments: