Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Life is Unfair

Sometimes the hurt people can do to each other boggles the mind. Sometimes it hurts the people they promised to love and protect the most. Sometimes it hurts those who are on the sidelines and can't help but watch and can not do a darn thing about it. Sigh. Such is the condition of man and why should I really be surprised. I think I would rather commit suicide before stopping thinking the best of people and that will always be a set up for disappointment.

2 comments:

Queen Ladybug said...

Sometimes pain is caused without the intention. Perfection is not a condition of man, so pain happens. We are only disappointed when we put people on pedestals thinking they can never do wrong. Biblically, plenty of our "heroes" screwed up, but God took the wreckage and made the best of it. Never assume to know the entire complexities of why a person acts in the way they do.

Captain Spaulding said...

I don't know if this constitutes putting people on pedestals when I look for the best in people. I don't expect them to be perfect but there is right and wrong that I hope people strive for. I do this not that I expect everyone to be good and perfect but rather I would like to believe the best in someone before being proven otherwise. I try not to assume motive but can not ignore what people's actions and words say about them.