Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Diet update

I am up to a 30 lbs lose and I think I am the lightest I have been for many, many years. I am also not done yet and no where close. As you may guess if you have not met me, yes I am very overweight. (more like morbidly obese) That is the bad news and is hopefully going forever into the past. Improving my diet and not going out to eat as much has helped my weight and blood pressure as well as my cholesterol by doing the 10,000 step program. (see Link) It is a great program. It is cheap to start because you only need a bottom of the line pedometer to get started and you can work it very easily into your lifestyle. I have not gotten up to the 10K a day step average yet, but even without getting there, I have been losing weight, improving my blood pressure and improving my cholesterol levels. That, I think, is far more important than necessarily getting and maintaining the 10K average. Your mileage may vary. So get out there and start working and just work on improving until you get results or get to the goals you want and need.

Disclaimer: I am not a health care professional by any means and just a person who is on the path to getting healthier. Check with your health care provider before trying out anything I say.

No comments: