Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers

Monday, April 7, 2008

Shifting Tastes in Playing with my GPSr

I have been involved in pastimes that deal with GPSr's for over 5 years now. Don't take this as bragging- i am kinda surprised I have stayed with it this long. I think I would have lost interest after a year of two. I think a part of it is the fact that I have gone from just geocaching to hunting benchmarks and doing waymarking. Geocaching has changed: I have changed. If I still did just geocaching, I don't know if i would still be involved. It does not have the initial appeal anymore. Not a criticism, just the normal cycle of being interested in anything. There is an excitement in doing something new that goes away over time. It's kinda weird to see the differnce in how our stats are going. (NOt that they are that important). I guess this is just a day where I feel a little long in tooth for being a cacher so long. Just bein weird.

No comments: